Your privacy is important to me and I will do all I can to respect your personal data and your right to control how any personally identifiable information is used!
I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations;
- I have legitimate business interests in using your Personal Data, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Core principles protecting your privacy
- I will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- Personal data held will be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, will be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- I will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- I do not sell, trade, or transfer my users’ private personal information.
- I will make readily available to customers information about my policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- I will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- On request, you can see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to; ask me to change/correct your Personal Data; ask me to delete your Personal Data; object to the processing of your Personal Data; ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
Cookies and other technology
This site offers opt-in newsletter and email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
This site uses the Facebook Pixel which helps me to show my Facebook Ads to people who may be interested in them and also tells me which pages of my site you visit if you arrived here by clicking on a Facebook ad. It will also share information about your use of our site with Facebook. You can control the way sites provide this information by altering your Facebook privacy settings here.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
This website, my books, and my newsletter are not aimed at children, and I do not knowingly collect any personal data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide me with any of your personal data, including your email address.
Embedded content from other sites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites. When clicked, they open in another window or tab. However, once you have used these links to leave my site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please also be aware that most Amazon links on this site are affiliate links, meaning I receive a small percentage of the purchase price directly from Amazon when you make a purchase after following one of my links. To enable this, when you arrive at the Amazon page via my link, Amazon will add a cookie to your device. If you wish to avoid this, please search within Amazon for the item mentioned rather than using links from this site, or use the option provided within your browser security settings to delete cookies.
Third Party Data Processors
When visitors leave comments on the site WordPress collects the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. If you leave a comment, the comment and related data are retained indefinitely. This is so my site can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your Gravatar profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Autumn Macarthur, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me using the email link below.
Websites: http://autumnmacarthur.com, redirecting to https://faithhopeandheartwarming.com; and http://autumnjanemacarthur.com, redirecting to http://autumnjanemacarthur.faithhopeandheartwarming.com.